“The Holy Eucharist completes Christian initiation” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1322)
“The Eucharist is the ‘source and summit of the Christian life’. The other sacraments, and indeed all ecclesiastical ministries and works of the apostolate, are bound up with the Eucharist and are oriented toward.” (Catechism of the Catholic Church , 1324)
If from the beginning Christians have celebrated the Eucharist and in a form whose substance has not changed despite the great diversity of times and liturgies, it is because we know ourselves to be bound by the command the Lord gave on the eve of his, Passion: “Do this in remembrance of me.”
We carry out this command of the Lord by celebrating the memorial of his sacrifice. In so doing, we offer to the Father what he has himself given us: the gifts of his creation, bread and wine which, by the power of the Holy Spirit and by the words of Christ, have become the body and blood of Christ. Christ is thus really and mysteriously made present. We must therefore consider the Eucharist as:
- thanksgiving and praise to the Father, the sacrificial memorial of Christ and his Body;
- the presence of Christ by the power of his word and of his Spirit. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1356, 1357, 1358).
After completing our Eucharistic program, the children will receive their First Holy Communion on designated Sundays in May and June.
- Must be a registered member of St. Mark Parish
- Must come to Sunday Mass regularly
- The candidates must have participated in the Parish Reconciliation program, as well as celebrated their First Reconciliation.
What’s Involved – How Does It Work?
- Parents are required to attend an Explanatory Meeting at the Church.
- A completed online Registration Form together with a copy of the child’s official Baptismal Certificate must be submitted to the Church.
- Children, along with their parents, will be expected to attend an Enrollment ceremony during one of the Sunday Masses.
- Children are required to attend Preparatory Classes (attendance is mandatory).
Fees: Please note that there will be a fee of $100 for catechism texts and materials, and to cover program administration, coordinator costs and for small gift to our volunteer teachers.
Click on the links below to fill in the form and to download the First Communion letter:
FIRST COMMUNION REGISTRATION FORM (To be activated September 11, 2017)
First Communion Letter to Parents September 2017